Belt Cleaners That Clean Better, Last Longer, Cost Less.
High-performing belt cleaners keep belts clean, eliminating carry back and making conveyor systems safer and more productive. At Martin Engineering, we offer belt cleaners that work with all belt sizes and speeds, regardless of industry or type of material. We also offer belt cleaners that work in the most challenging and unique environments, such as on conveyor systems where there’s minimal space around the head pulley.
Our specialty belt cleaners include conveyor belt washing systems, belt brush cleaners, food-grade belt scrapers, water cleaners and high-temperature cleaners, all engineered for challenging conditions and unusual materials.
Keeping belts clean is more than just a matter of cleanliness. Installing high-quality Martin® Belt Cleaners substantially improves efficiency by providing the following benefits:
- Increased profitability – Eliminating carry back reduces fugitive material and minimizes the cost of unnecessary cleanup and maintenance.
- Less material loss – By scraping the belts clean at the head pulley, belt cleaners eliminate carry back and keep bulk materials moving in the right direction through transfer points or into containers.
- Longer lasting conveyor equipment – Material that is carried back under the belt often ends up inside the conveyor system and can damage rollers and idlers while causing belts to wander and fray.
- Lower energy costs – When material sticks to the belt beyond the head pulley, the added weight of the material stuck to the belt makes the equipment work harder so it uses more energy.
- Safer work environment – When fugitive material accumulates under the belt, workers can easily slip and fall trying to walk through the mess. Plus, uncontained dust can cause health problems when inhaled and can ignite causing a deadly explosion.
- Reduced dust problems – Fugitive dust is frequently a by-product of material that falls from under the belt on the return trip.